Playing Through: Mallard Creek Remains Open for Golf
Tee Times Are Required & Prepay Is Strongly Encouraged
Updated: Apr 28, 2020; Posted: Mar 24, 2020 (The below information may be outdated and/or may not reflect the current procedures at the golf course as it was last updated in April of 2020)
As you may have seen on Facebook or Twitter, the Ohio Department of Health reversed an earlier decision (made Friday, March 27) and is now allowing golf courses to stay open during statewide order regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The golf course is open for play with tee times being required. In cooperation with the Lorain County Board of Health, alcoholic beverages will not be available for purchase (or permitted on premise) during the duration of the current statewide order.
With that in mind, we understand the responsibility and importance in providing you, other golfers and our staff with a safe and healthy venue for outdoor recreation. It is important all of our staff members and golfers work in cooperation to maintain everyone’s health and safety.
If you do not adhere to these precautions and/or the state’s order, you will not be permitted to golf during this time. Additionally, you should not come to the golf course if you have a temperature above 98.9° Fahrenheit, have recently travelled anywhere outside of the state, if you are currently high risk and/or feeling ill.
Golf provides all of us with a unique way to relax, exercise and enjoy the outdoors while adhering to current regulations. Our goal has always been to make golf as accessible as ever, and that is as important to us now as it ever has been.
Please take care to be fully aware of the following items prior to reserving your next round of golf here at Mallard Creek. We appreciate your business and hope you and your family stay healthy during this time. Please let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist you.
Current Precautions Being Taken
(Hover over the images below to view a more in-depth explanation of these precautions. All of these precautions are listed in the section below as well.)
Additional Precautions Being Taken
Please read through all of the following prior to reserving your next round of golf here at Mallard Creek
- It is required that each person maintains their safe social distance of 6-feet at all times. In the pro shop, outside of the clubhouse and adjacent to the starter’s shack, there is blue tape on the ground designating where to stand and maintain this distance.
- Hand sanitizer is on-hand and readily available for both golfers and staff members at all times.
- All contact points (door knobs, countertops, credit card readers, restrooms, etc.) are all being sanitized frequently.
- Tee times are required to be made before your arrival to the course.
- Tee time can be be made online by clicking here or over the phone at (440) 748-8231
- We are encouraging all golfers to pay for their round of golf prior to arriving. You can pay at the time of reserving your tee time over the phone. You can also call before arriving and pay over the phone that way. This helps us to keep unnecessary contact to a minimum.
- The ability to pay online when you make your tee time is now available. To encourage a majority of players to pay at the time of reserving their tee time online, a 10% discount is available for all tee times if paid at the time of booking. To do so, please select the RED option, which notates the 10% savings, when reserving your tee time.
- The golf cups have been fitted with rings to alleviate the need to touch the golf hole or remove the flagstick.
- If any golfer attempts to modify this, you will be removed from the facility without refund.
- If you modify this and are a current Fairways Member, your membership will also be revoked without refund. Don’t be that person!
- The ball washers have been removed from the course.
- Towels for drying carts will not be provided. Our staff is drying carts using sanitized towels and again sanitizing the golf cart before it’s first use in the morning as well.
- While we have historically allowed for spectators to accompany golfers during their round, we are not permitting any spectators at this time.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!
You must log in to post a comment.